Sunday, 9 July 2017

Preliminary Task Class Feedback

Today the class showed all of our prelim tasks to each other and in doing so, we were able to receive feedback that we can possibly use to ensure our real videos are as best as possible. We did it in the form of a 'what went well' comment and a question.

I got a vast range of good reviews of my prelim. A popular opinion was that it was a very unique song choice and I did it very creatively. The class really liked the range of shots/clips especially the use of slow motion. They said the editing was done well and the contrasting colour use between Black&White and Full Colour was used very well to differentiate between flashback and present. Overall, they said it matched pretty much perfectly to the original video so my goal was achieved.
The majority of questions I got were about how long is took to shoot the video, what I used to film and who operated the camera. It took me two hours and about fifteen minutes to shoot the clips on my friends Samsung phone and I had three different people film for me; Joy, Hugette and Rhianna. I got a couple questions about what I would do differently and in reply, if I had more time I would use more varied locations and filmed more shots with lip-syncing so it would look more realistic. In hindsight, I'm not thinking about using a song in the pop genre like I did for the prelim and I am thinking of song more down the electropop genre. 
I'm so glad I was able to get this feedback back because I can now apply what I've learnt to my own music video.